Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mirrors Edge Review

Toasted-Strategist
    Toasted-Strategist
    Admin Prosecutor
    Admin Prosecutor

1337os : 6096

Mirrors Edge Review Empty Mirrors Edge Review

Post  Toasted-Strategist Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:49 am

Mirrors Edge; the Epic fps parkour based game. I would agree that it is innovative if not brilliant however it has a major downside...

Gameplay: This is where Mirror's Edge shines the most. It has simplistic controls, the usual WASD, space bar to jump, Q to do a 180 turn, left click to shoot, kick and punch, Right Click to quickly grab objects of anyone or anything and R for "Reaction Time" and those same controls but in different combo's. Ok so in a way that isnt as simple as the average fps controls but they could have had even more controls but simplified it to what i stated earlier. I might add that the physics is very good here, although i could say that it isnt relevant to reality, but its just really good and seemingly realistic.

Graphics: Your normal expected 2009 graphics, maybe a little more then that though.

Sound: My personal favorite here (aside from the gameplay). The soundscape was amazing, the cars passing by, the faint hum of air-conditioning units, the sound of trains passing by, and the sudden sound of gun shots and helicopters chasing you and probably way more that i can't even remember. It was all amazingly done. The voice acting was good as well.

Now the music here was brilliantly created. It matched every moment, from the tension of being chased to the calm, serenity of sniping down a truck from a safe vantage point. This beautiful ambient soundtrack was a good choice.

The Downside: The only thing i absolutely did not like about this game was the lack of story, first off i believe that the story was nicely done, it's just... ITS TO SHORT! It will only take you 2 hours! The creators wanted to focus on the "Time Trials" which is where people beat a set time and post it on the scoreboards to see if anyone beat them. They created a new world and threw it away in a short 2hour story. Makes me sad...

Overall: This is a very good game but could use some definite improvement in the story. There was to many gaps and questions left at the end and probably my favorite one "What now?" Which is true, now that you finished the game what happens? I dont know... Hopefully a squeal comes out, this game has alot of potential

8/10 for me, lost 2 points for... well you know.
    ushmo10
    ushmo10
    Private
    Private

1337os : 115

Mirrors Edge Review Empty Re: Mirrors Edge Review

Post  ushmo10 Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 am

hey Toasted awesome review!!
    TrueLie
    TrueLie
    Recruit
    Recruit

1337os : 1049

Post  TrueLie Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:39 am

hey the ending was retarded too. Wish it actually had a story and i would of bought it
    Toasted-Strategist
    Toasted-Strategist
    Admin Prosecutor
    Admin Prosecutor

1337os : 6096

Post  Toasted-Strategist Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:48 am

TrueLie wrote:hey the ending was retarded too. Wish it actually had a story and i would of bought it

lol so true, i dont wanna say it cuz of spoilers, but it is very stuffed up ending, i enjoyed it nevertheless XP
    ushmo10
    ushmo10
    Private
    Private

1337os : 115

Post  ushmo10 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:23 am

Toasted-Strategist wrote:
    TrueLie wrote:hey the ending was retarded too. Wish it actually had a story and i would of bought it

lol so true, i dont wanna say it cuz of spoilers, but it is very stuffed up ending, i enjoyed it nevertheless XP

yeah agreed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am