Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High school of the dead.

HADOU-KEN
    HADOU-KEN
    Private
    Private

1337os : 116

High school of the dead. Empty High school of the dead.

Post  HADOU-KEN Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:29 pm

i must be really bored, talking about this anime. however, its one of the best ive seen this year so what harm could it do?

High school of the dead is an anime written by Daisuke Sato, and illustrated by Shoji Sato. it chronicles the events of a zombie apocalypse through the eyes of high school student takashi komuro and a group of high school students (and a busty school nurse) who are apparently caught inbetween the chaos of this apocalypse.

The story is pretty cliche when you look at it, and considering the zombie apocalypse kind of setting, it does turn out like that a lot, but what you will actually experience as you go through it is a heartwarming, action-filled personal journey of the characters. Its such a shame, though, its only very recent and is only up to 7 episodes. The characters that you will meet throughout the journey are pretty japanese cliches. think the characters of left 4 dead except with crazy japanese cliches (schoolgirls with big tits, gun nerds nurses with big tits). Chars inclulde Takashi Komuro, the main character who uses a baseball bat and later on in the series, an Ithaca 37 model shotgun, Rei Miyamoto, the female lead who uses a spear made from taking the handle off of a broom, and later, a spear made by sticking a bayonet onto an M1A rifle. There is also Kohta Hirano, a gun otaku who uses various sniper rifles and guns, Saeko Busujima, who uses a bokken (wooden sword) and later a katana, Saya Takagi, who is the brains of the group, and Shizuka Marikawa who is their school nurse and medic of the group. All these characters have problems of their own as well, and through the zombie apocalypse, you witness their own journeys through this time of peril. In the end, they will turn out to be a great bunch of characters that will feel like good friends after you stop watching.

The art in this anime is pretty damn good. Sato has really done a great job on this anime with sketches of characters and colours that really bring out life in the anime are chosen well. The anime also sports a very good selection of camera angles, with close ups during vital moments and a some chase cams here and there as they fight through hordes of zombies. There is also a lot of explosive action in this anime, and during those scenes, something awesome is always going on. You oughta do yourself a favour and watch this anime just for that. The way it portrays horror is done well, however, to the regular anime fan who isnt squeamish or scared, it wont really be scary. If you want true horror even to the most hardcore of otaku, check out Higurashi no naku koro ni, but thats another anime. I havent seen the manga of this anime as of yet, but i will soon. The anime chooses a wide selection of ending tracks, each one different to each episode. Nice touch by the guys behind the anime. the opening is great too.

overall, High school of the dead is a brilliant anime that you oughta watch when it gets to at least 10 episoddes. for now, just wait, the eps will load up soon.

9/10
    HADOU-KENS CHOICE.

HADOU-KEN
    HADOU-KEN
    Private
    Private

1337os : 116

High school of the dead. Empty ECCHI WARNING.

Post  HADOU-KEN Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 am

oh i forgot to mention, this anime has a lot of unneccessary and necessary ecchi scenes, so dont watch unless you can take these scenes/actually like these scenes. (like me Razz)

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:53 pm