Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
TrueLie
Arcanum*
Toasted-Strategist
7 posters

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!!

Toasted-Strategist
    Toasted-Strategist
    Admin Prosecutor
    Admin Prosecutor

1337os : 6096

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!!

Post  Toasted-Strategist Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 pm

So what kind of strategy do you use? Lemme guess, you dont wanna share it cuz you wanna keep it secret so no one see's through your plans XD? Just tell us XD

Turtle: The more defensive strategy. You mostly only focus on defense here and try to create an impenetrable base well... fortress. Turtles forget about offense and wait for the enemy to attack, once they attack (and hopefully fail) and attack again AND fail they eventually rage quit and by default you win.

Cheese/Cheesing: The forceful strategy. Doing this you expand your base closer and closer (or create a new base) towards to, next to, or maybe even in the enemy base. Most people just spam defense structures next to an enemy base to demolish it.

Booming: The business-sided strategy. When u boom all u want is resource, resource and oh i dont know, more resource. Boomers (not the L4D zombies) just want money cuz money makes the perfect offense and defense... right?

Raiding: The economical offensive strategy. When you raid you send small packs of units to attack here and there, yes this is very useful, while u try to establish a fairly good base you can keep the enemy busy with your small attacks.

Rushing: The cheap, hard, fast strategy. Who cares about defense? who cares about resource? If you both start of the match with nothing but workers and if you can create a massive cheap army within 10 minutes and attack you should win... Theoretically. While the enemy is to busy making a base you just create your cheapest units to attack them straight away. In the beginning of a match everyones a sitting duck!
    Arcanum*
    Arcanum*
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME

1337os : 4025

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty My strategy.

Post  Arcanum* Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Toasted-Strategist wrote:So what kind of strategy do you use? Lemme guess, you dont wanna share it cuz you wanna keep it secret so no one see's through your plans XD? Just tell us XD

Turtle: The more defensive strategy. You mostly only focus on defense here and try to create an impenetrable base well... fortress. Turtles forget about offense and wait for the enemy to attack, once they attack (and hopefully fail) and attack again AND fail they eventually rage quit and by default you win.

Cheese/Cheesing: The forceful strategy. Doing this you expand your base closer and closer (or create a new base) towards to, next to, or maybe even in the enemy base. Most people just spam defense structures next to an enemy base to demolish it.

Booming: The business-sided strategy. When u boom all u want is resource, resource and oh i dont know, more resource. Boomers (not the L4D zombies) just want money cuz money makes the perfect offense and defense... right?

Raiding: The economical offensive strategy. When you raid you send small packs of units to attack here and there, yes this is very useful, while u try to establish a fairly good base you can keep the enemy busy with your small attacks.

Rushing: The cheap, hard, fast strategy. Who cares about defense? who cares about resource? If you both start of the match with nothing but workers and if you can create a massive cheap army within 10 minutes and attack you should win... Theoretically. While the enemy is to busy making a base you just create your cheapest units to attack them straight away. In the beginning of a match everyones a sitting duck!

I am a turtle raider Very Happy

For Toast =='
    ELABORATION

I rather to heighten my defenses whilst sending waves of average soldiers to attack the main base, as the waves do this, I will be creating a mass army.

So after around 7+ waves, my army would be able to wipe them out Razz

Last edited by Arcanum* on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rules xD)
    Toasted-Strategist
    Toasted-Strategist
    Admin Prosecutor
    Admin Prosecutor

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty Re: Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!!

Post  Toasted-Strategist Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 am

Arcanum* wrote:I am a turtle raider Very Happy

elaborate!!! LOL O-o....

*cough. Moar detail!!!
    TrueLie
    TrueLie
    Recruit
    Recruit

1337os : 1049

Post  TrueLie Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 am

Im a turtle rusher from hell(considering im the devil) Since i build up my defence's i end up haveing a tiny tech tree and only basic units so i just build heaps of them up and tell them to march to their deaths
    Toasted-Strategist
    Toasted-Strategist
    Admin Prosecutor
    Admin Prosecutor

Post  Toasted-Strategist Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 am

TrueLie wrote:Im a turtle rusher from hell(considering im the devil) Since i build up my defence's i end up haveing a tiny tech tree and only basic units so i just build heaps of them up and tell them to march to their deaths

wait wtf (wednesday, thursday, Friday) is that even possible XD?

a turtle rushing is quite the contradiction......

lol but hey your the devil so im not surpirsed, i look forward to a match.
    TrueLie
    TrueLie
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  TrueLie Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 am

Toasted-Strategist wrote:
    TrueLie wrote:Im a turtle rusher from hell(considering im the devil) Since i build up my defence's i end up haveing a tiny tech tree and only basic units so i just build heaps of them up and tell them to march to their deaths

wait wtf (wednesday, thursday, Friday) is that even possible XD?

a turtle rushing is quite the contradiction......

lol but hey your the devil so im not surpirsed, i look forward to a match.

Hey i can turtle rush wth like no resouces cause im the devil Twisted Evil
    zero
    zero
    Authorised Personel
    Authorised Personel

1337os : 1082

Post  zero Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Toasted-Strategist wrote:So what kind of strategy do you use? Lemme guess, you dont wanna share it cuz you wanna keep it secret so no one see's through your plans XD? Just tell us XD

so booming and raiding ....... why am i the only one booming =(
    Arcanum*
    Arcanum*
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME

Post  Arcanum* Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 pm

zero wrote:

so booming and raiding ....... why am i the only one booming =(

Cos you big and fat, and filled with minerals and gas Very Happy
    TrueLie
    TrueLie
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  TrueLie Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Arcanum* wrote:

Dude congrats you just made me fall off my chair and cry all at the same time LOL. That was shit funny
    Arcanum*
    Arcanum*
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty ROFL

Post  Arcanum* Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:52 pm

TrueLie wrote:
    Arcanum* wrote:

Dude congrats you just made me fall off my chair and cry all at the same time LOL. That was shit funny

LOL AWESOME Very Happy
    TrueLie
    TrueLie
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  TrueLie Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Arcanum* wrote:
    TrueLie wrote:
    Arcanum* wrote:

LOL AWESOME Very Happy
    The only sad thing is, it is half my height....
    RandomHeroXD
    RandomHeroXD
    Moderator- Semi Godly
    Moderator- Semi Godly

1337os : 3026

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty Strategy

Post  RandomHeroXD Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Idk i dont really have a strategy it just either mimic others or trial and error Exclamation
    ushmo10
    ushmo10
    Private
    Private

1337os : 115

Post  ushmo10 Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:23 am

nice! lol i like command and conquer and starcraft as my real time strategies. There is also Age of Empires which is a great game.
    Arcanum*
    Arcanum*
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty O.O

Post  Arcanum* Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:08 am

ushmo10 wrote:nice! lol i like command and conquer and starcraft as my real time strategies. There is also Age of Empires which is a great game.

Mind me saying...but seriously...that had nothing to do with the strategy you use...
    TrueLie
    TrueLie
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  TrueLie Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:04 am

Arcanum* wrote:
    ushmo10 wrote:nice! lol i like command and conquer and starcraft as my real time strategies. There is also Age of Empires which is a great game.

Mind me saying...but seriously...that had nothing to do with the strategy you use...

It does it just hidden, deep deep deep deep deep deep *breathes* deep deep deeply hidden.
    ushmo10
    ushmo10
    Private
    Private

Post  ushmo10 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 am

TrueLie wrote:
    Arcanum* wrote:
    TrueLie wrote:
    Arcanum* wrote:

LOL AWESOME Very Happy
    The only sad thing is, it is half my height....

hahahahahahaa
    HADOU-KEN
    HADOU-KEN
    Private
    Private

1337os : 116

Post  HADOU-KEN Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 am

is there a cheap rts for an rts noob like me?
    ushmo10
    ushmo10
    Private
    Private

Post  ushmo10 Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 am

Arcanum* wrote:

you like starcraft
    Arcanum*
    Arcanum*
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty uh?

Post  Arcanum* Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

ushmo10 wrote:
    Arcanum* wrote:

you like starcraft

that still has no relevance ==', just because i like starcraft it doesnt mean that your previous statement suddenly has relevance to the topic.
    Arcanum*
    Arcanum*
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME
    Lead Moderator - AWESOME

Real-Time Strategy STRATEGIES!!!! Empty Omg...SC2!!

Post  Arcanum* Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:19 am

Im a terran player BUT UGHH THE ZERGS ARE SO FRICKING AWESOME....UGGHHHH

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:45 am